Magewell Updates the SKU System for All Products
July 16th, 2020
Dear Magewell partners,
While the pandemic is prevailing globally, we hope all of you are well and safe. We thank you for your efforts to sell and support our customers in the hard time. It is a great thing if our products can help users to find the new normal when they work or learn remotely.
There is one big thing that we’re excited to update you—we have updated the SKU (stock keeping unit) system for all of our products to improve the efficiency of order processing. We hope it is also beneficial to you in the long term!
What Has Changed
• We start to use SKU number for each finished product, including the product itself and its accessories, such as cables or brackets. Such information will be updated from our website, pricing list to labels on the packaging box, etc.
• Part numbers will only be used when referring to a product itself or a specific accessory. Please see the picture below.
• To avoid confusion at the end customer’s end, we’ll still show the old part number on the website.
• For most models, the new SKU will be generated by adding four “0” after the product part number. See the two pictures above. We may adjust a bit for products that come with a power adapter.
What We Suggest You Do
• Visit Channel Portal>Updated SKU of Magewell Products to learn more about SKU info. • Start to use the new SKUs to place your future orders.
To Magewell distributors
• Contact your Magewell sales representative to get the updated pricelist with the latest SKU info. • Update your channels and customers and encourage them to use the new SKUs to place their future orders.
To Magewell resellers
• Contact your Magewell distributor to get the updated pricelist with the latest SKU info.
• Update your customers and encourage them to use the new SKUs to place their future orders. We fully understand it is not easy to change to a new system overnight. We appreciate your understanding and support as always.
Magewell Sales Team